Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GRAND' PLACE BRUSSELS - SCARECROW EXPOSITION

Each year Brussels’ Grand’Place is invaded by scarecrows, as the annual Lion’s Scarecrow Charity Competition comes to town in May. The weather was so beautiful that I went there again to see the exposition.

The place was crowded with tourists from all over the world

There were flower stands

people enjoying food or drink in the sunshine

I too had a glass here

The last efforts to keep the scarecrow standing up and an unexpected view !

It just had started and already tired

There were quiet some fancy scarecrows, as here one out of wafel dough. I got a piece of the little fence.

This one was made out of hundreds of little pieces of fabric

A real scary one made with old film strips and rolls and flower pots

I don't know if this bird was a crow, but it was sitting there attached with a string

I was impressed by the creativity of the exposing people, the scarecrows were not really made to chase birds away in a field !

More participantshere

8 comments:

Linens and Royals said...

Such clever scarecrows, I think the fabric one is my favourite. I keep looking at the great photos of The Grand Place and remembering my perfect day there and thinking YES I was there.

Gracie said...

How unusual! Why there's a scarecrow tradition there? And look at those beautiful palaces.... really great!

Maribeth said...

I think the bird is a hawk. Interesting happenings!

diane b said...

A magic place that huge square with those amazing buildings. The weather looks superb and everyone having a happy time. The scarecrows were very imaginative. I liked the fabric one but the spider was cleverly done too.

Leif Hagen said...

What a great series of photos, Gattina! Wish I could be in that area of Brussels for a look around!
Bonjour d'EAGAN daily photo

Anonymous said...

What an impressive square with all those buildings - so fabulous! And, of course, the scarecrows are creative too!

A Lady's Life said...

What a great square!! So much fun to be had here.!

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

What a fun exhibition! Very creative scarecrows I must say, I would have loved to be there too.

...one day I just HAVE TO go to Brussel, those magnificent buildings always blow my mind away! Wonderful!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive