Tuesday, July 25, 2017

BELFAST


Expat tours

If you do a 7 day tour around a country of course you can't see everything in details. It just gives you an overview of things to see or to do if you want to come back later.

Our tour started in Belfast, and I really liked the city. We had a local guide who walked with us through the city center and explained Belfast history.



He was a very funny guy with a charming Irish accent and ever since I call a battlefield a bottlefield.



The highlight of the walking tour was the City Hall, a beautiful building !





from the inside



and beautiful stained glasses which for once had no religious themes.

In front of the city hall was a nice park full of people who relaxed there in the sunshine. 









From the city hall he took us for a walk through Belfast.




I liked the colored houses





He showed us the first Presbytarian Church, also from inside, unfortunately it was too dark to take pictures.



We continued our stroll and I discovered a restaurant where you could eat fresh garbage !





There were lots of Pubs and Restaurants





Narrow cute little streets, where you also could eat and drink



A lot of graffiti or mural art



The music hall



and a nice sculpture near the City Hall.



The buses in Belfast were pink, which gave the streets a cheerful look







I was glad that there were so many old buildings left and not replaced by ugly new built.



A little coffee kiosk, I would have loved to take a cup here, but unfortunately we had no time.

We ended our walk here and got in the coach again to the famous murals.

Belfast city has a unique past after coming out of 35 years of conflict. Northern Ireland has become famous for the murals painted in almost every area of the country. These pictures of murals are often flashed around the world on news bulletins or used as a backdrop when interviewing people. They often depict the history and political views of both traditions and are a way of marking territory. These wall paintings often look intimidating



Our bus found a parking space and I saw the long wall with the murals.




Each of us got a pen to leave a text or a design for the eternity.




There were so many !

This ended our tour in Belfast, which I had enjoyed very much !



9 comments:

diane b said...

WE visited Dublin but didn't get to Belfast so it was nice to see your ics. I like the old buildings and the murals.

Anonymous said...

Did you find Ireland expensive? I guess Belfast doesn't use euros.

Deepa said...

Such amazingly beautiful pictures.
My favorite was the man sleeping on steps.

Click Here to see what Mrs. Dash Says

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Never been there, even if I have been to Ireland years ago

Fun60 said...

Thanks for the tour. I haven't been to Belfast although it has been top of my list for ages. You have inspired me to do something and get a trip booked.

Photo Cache said...

Ireland is high on my bucket list.

Worth a Thousand Words

Loree said...

Belfast looks like a very beautiful city. Did you leave a mural anywhere?

pilch92 said...

Wonderful photos. I like the pink bus :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

A most interesting city! Love the narrow alleyways with shops and restaurants, they would give you the feeling of discovering a secret! Who wouldn't love pink buses .. and it sure looks like you'd be in no danger of going hungry or thirsty! (I like that in a City ;)!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive